ACHIEVEMENT DURING 1st Week to 11th Week :
- Able to use Drawing instruments , their care and maintenance.
- Able to layout, display and print in ink , heading and other descriptive writing in a drawing with and without stencils.
- Able to construct , read and use plain, diagonal and Vernier scales.
- Able to understand and use conventional signs and symbols including contours used in survey drawings and field books.
- Able to draw and solve elementary problems dealing with lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, etc.
- Able to draw from given data the various conic sections.
ACHIEVEMENT AFTER 12 TH WEEK TO 20 TH WEEK--- THE TRAINEES WILL BE-
1. Able to reconnoiter prepare rough sketch, plan the survey lines, select stations fix the station for a given plot of ground.
- Able to run a chain line between two given stations measure the distance take off- sets by using tape, use of optical square of cross staff and enter in the field book using proper conventional Sign and plot the same.
- Able to survey by chain a given plot of ground by enclosing the details in triangles and enter the same in the field book including running necessary check lines and plot the same.
- Able to find horizontal distance along sloping or irregular ground
- Able to run chain lines obstacles for ranging, chaining or both.
- Able to survey with a chain a given area of about 4 hectares by tracing base line and triangles, enter the field book and plot the same.
ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER 21ST WEEK TO 26TH WEEK; THE TRAINEE WILL BE-
- able to set up the prismatic compass at a station and read bearings of various objects around it.
- Able to run an open and closed traverse check existence of local attraction calculate included angles and check the angular accuracy.
- Able to plot the frame work with protector and scale adjust the closing errors, plot the details finish the same in ink and colour.
- Able to find the declination of a place by simple methods.